Tuesday, July 3, 2007

how to help

My friend Treats asked me how we could help elephants from right here in the USA. So here are my ideas:

Do not buy ivory. There is a South American nut that can be carved that looks and feels exactly like ivory – I saw some on my vacation this summer, it's really neat.

You could adopt an elephant at the World Wildlife Fund. My godmother adopted one for me. Here is a link: world wildlife fund

You could have a garage sale and give the money to Wildlife Warriors.

Mostly I think you should talk to people and just make them love animals. Instead of going after poachers and animal killers, you can just help turn more people into elephant lovers, because people usually don’t hurt things they love. (Elephants are really kind and gentle even though they are big. When people lay down on the ground in front of an elephant, the elephant tries not to step on the person.)

You can also help other animals too. You can help build things for the wildcat sanctuary – there are instructions on the website: wildcat sanctuary You can even make a hammock for the tigers. They also have a wish list of stuff that the sanctuary needs.

Those are my ideas to help.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Punk

Ok so now that I have exposed the deeds of fellow siblings it's time for me to help the animals! You say I can make a hammock out of a tiger? If it helps the animals and I get a soft comfortable place to relax I am all for it! I just need to find where I can get a tiger. You should cover how to make these hammocks in a future post - I will also need detailed instructions on how to skin a tiger.

thanks

~Uncle S

* said...

Punk says,
You're an IMBECILLE!!!! Funny - but an IMBECILLE!!!

I said hammock FOR the tigers!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the ideas, Punk. I appreciate you sharing the ideas with me. I'll let you know what I do!

Schroeder said...

That's so cool you have an elephant! What's it's name?

Anonymous said...

im doing a speech at school on animal cruelty and i found some pretty sad pictures of a tiger being skinned and i was wanting to know if you could tell me how to skin a tiger so i could use it in my speech when the pictures are being screened.
thanks